Top 6 Ways to kill bacteria in your home
It takes no expert to realize that bacteria is a part of your home. Whether the bacteria is on your sponge, in your carpet, or inside your bed, one fact remains: bacteria is in your home! Now that we have that out of the way, let’s talk about how to get ride of it! Following are 6 simple, environmentally friendly ways to kill and eliminate over 99% of the bacteria in your home.
- USE HYDROGEN PEROXIDE TO WASH CLOTHES– use hydrogen peroxide rather than bleach when you wash your clothes. Your clothes will not only come out whiter, but the hydrogen peroxide will instantly kill all bacteria. Win!
- USE VINEGAR – use white distilled vinegar when cleaning. because of the acidity level contained in this particular type of vinegar, bacteria stands no chance and is eliminated on contact. The best part is using vinegar to clean is 100% environmentally friendly!
- USE ALCOHOL– alcohol is an excellent disinfectant. Use if to clean and disinfect regularly used things like remote controls, counter-tops, door knobs, and phones. Drench a rag or cotton ball with it and clean away!
- USE HOT WATER– wash your dishes in hot water. If you have a dishwasher, then great. Let it do the work while you sit back and relax. If on the other hand you don’t have a dishwasher, then get the sink water as hot as you can stand it and wash. Using rubber gloves will also allow you to use even hotter water.
- USE SUNLIGHT – sunlight is nature’s bacteria killer. Hang your sheets, clothes, and towels outside to dry and let nature do the work for you. And one more thing, it’s environmentally friendly!
- USE TEA TREE OIL – tea tree oil is a naturally occurring essential oil that also kills bacteria on contact. And it does all of this without leaving behind a chemical residue. Use tea tree oil to clean your kitchen and bathrooms!
Following and using the 6 tips/products listed above is a surefire way to purge your home of unwanted bacteria. Maid In Amarillo is dedicated to providing the most up to date cleaning information available to everyone! Please let us know if you have any questions or comments. Also, let us know if you want us to clean your home!
[wpseo_map width=”400″ height=”300″ zoom=”-1″ map_style=”roadmap” scrollable=”1″ show_route=”0″ show_state=”0″ show_email=”1″]